Friday, October 14, 2005

Stupid is as Stupid does

Th. asked...
.This cannot be passed up.So here's a question:For well over ten years now, people all over the country have called me Jeff for no apparent reason. I don't really mind, but maybe I should be. Who is this Jeff person that everyone keeps mistaking me for?
13/10/05 2:48 PM

Stupid Said:

The reason people keep calling you Jeff is because A) that is your name or B) people are stupid.

I don't mean they are stupid in the same way I am stupid. Because, you know, I'm not really stupid; it's what you call counterpoint. I am a veritable STUPEDIA of useless facts and information. But I digress.

Consider this: On any given day, even the best people make 5 mistakes for every 95 tasks done well. That's you, me, everyone. If that is true for the brighter, shining stars of our society, imagine how many mistakes the average joe makes. Now if you consider that people are making mistakes at a five percent rate, that means that out of 20 people around you (at work, on the freeway, in the mall) one of them is making an error in judgement that could A) maim B) disembowel or C) kill you and the rest of the 19 other people. Remember that YOU are one of the culprits some of the time.

So I have to assume, based on your question, that people have been calling you Jeff by mistake. If this is true, it means you have surrounded yourself with the 5% of the population that is making mistakes RIGHT NOW. In fact, you have probably chosen to place yourself in a zone of unexplainable heightened stupidity. You probably live in the Bermuda Triangle of stupidity. That's my guess.

And there you have it. I can answer any of your questions. Please make inquiries in the "make a comment" section below and to the right...

2 Comments:

At 14/10/05 8:16 AM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Gee whiz. Maybe my own intelligence is so voluminous that its gravity sucks everyone else dry....

 
At 14/10/05 8:58 AM, Blogger daltongirl said...

Why is there an eighteen-inch-long streak of crusted orange sludge on the wall of my hallway at about shoulder level (my shoulder)? I am 5'6". My boys are over six feet tall, making the streak about elbow-level for them. My daughter is five feet tall, putting it at her exact height. No one here seems to have an explanation for the crusted sludge. While you're at it, tell me how to get it off. It seems to be impervious to cleaning solution of any kind. So far the only answer I can come up with is to move, leaving the kids here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home